Thursday 8 March 2012

working life!

Last week I went on my second work experience to professional development for teachers. They organise teacher trainings and support for teachers in Ireland. I went to a hotel for my last work experience so the small office was very different.
I mainly worked on the computer all day. I thought that I wouldn't like doing this but I did. Everyone there was really friendly.
On Monday morning I me my supervisor for the week. My supervisor showed me around the office and introduced me to everyone. There was a lot less employees there compared to in the hotel, but this was good because they all knew each other really well. I mainly filed bookings for different trainings on Monday. I also learnt a lot about the company and what they do. I was recked at the end of my first day because I didn't finish until 5, but as the week went on I got used to the long hours.
I worked with the accountant and she showed me how the pay money to people through the bank. I got to help fill out some forms. I had to make CDs and brochures for an upcoming training event. I had to record the answers from surveys into a word document. The job that took the most time to do was when I had to find the distance for 80 peoples homes to four different destinations. This took FOREVER! But I didn't mind.
I liked my work experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment