Monday 16 April 2012

Geography project

We have been given a geography project. For this project we have to chose something that you are interested in and write posts about its effect in different countries.
 I have decided to do my project on girl guides. I have been involved with the girl guides since I was about eight years old and I still am now. Now that I am older I can help out as a leader in Celbridge guides and brownies once a week. I am also a member of Lucan rangers and celbridge senior branch. Senior branch is what you are part of from the age of 15 to 26. For anyone who as no idea what guides is ,this is my easy explanation is that "it is like scouts but just for girls!". The best thing about being in guides is having once in a life time opportunities. For example this summer I am one of the twenty girls from the age of 16 to 26 people from Irish girl guides going to roverway Finland. Roverway is an international camping event for both scouts and guides every were in the world (I will write more about this in another post as part of my project). Guides is a world wide organisation and it is known as WAGGS(world association of girl guides and girl scouts) for short.

Below is the logo for irish girl guides


 Here is a link to the website for igg if you would like to find out more http://www.irishgirlguides.ie/
Here is the link to WAGGS http://www.waggsworld.org/

3 comments:

  1. cant wait for finland!!!! soooo excited

    ReplyDelete
  2. me to! Not long to wait now :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete